Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chapter Seven

Marry-Ella's pov
 Sorry it's been awhile since you heard from me. Katherine's gotten so big, she'll be in school in another couple years,man time flies. So Joshua and I aren't together anymore. I broke up with him this time, don't feel bad for him though.
He's with someone else now, they're way better together then he and I ever were and I'm very happy for them both. Okay, you're probably a little confused , so lets go back over what you've missed the last few years and how we got here.

I was starting to feel more and more distant from Joshua. Normally I would go to Lyndi when I need someone to talk to but I couldn't find her so I ended up telling Alice.
Alice - Okay,close your eyes.
Marry-Ella - Why?
Alice -Trust me. Now close your eyes.
Marry-Ella - Okay.
Alice - Now, imagine this, you're standing there, in a white dress, your wedding day. .Hey, keep you're eyes closed! Now, you look back towards Mel, Lyndi and me, your brides maids, we smile, then  you lower your head and take a deep breath. Eyes closed!  Lifting your head you smile and look into the eyes of your groom.... Is it Joshua?
Marry-Ella - No...
Alice - Okay, open your eyes. You and Joshua have been together for years, you have a child together, and yet you can't see yourself marrying him? What's that tell you?
Marry-Ella - The same thing I already knew, that we're growing apart.
Alice - It says that you have no future. That the relationship is going nowhere. 
Alice - You need to talk to him.
Marry - Hmm. Thank's Ali, I'm glad I talked to you.
Alice - No prop, you should come to me more often. Don't get me wrong , Lyndi's a great friend and good to turn to in a crisis, but she'll tell you what you want to hear. I'm the one who will tell you what you need to hear.

So I talked to Joshua, he was upset at first but eventually after I calmed him down he agreed that we'd been growing apart and we needed to end things and not drag it out until we both end up hurt and can't even be around each other. Katherine needs us to be able to be friends.


I was just sitting around a few months later when Lyndi plopped down next to me saying she wanted to talk to me about something.
Marry-Ella - Kay, whats up?
Lyndi - Well um,... it's about Joshua.
Marry-Ella - What is it?
Lyndi - I think, I kinda,maybe...
Lyndi - I like him.
Marry-Ella - Oh.
Lyndi - And I wanted to talk to you before I said anything to him , which I won't even do if you have a problem with it, cause you're my best friend and you two have a history and you have a child together and I just wouldn't want it to make you uncomfortable. Are you mad?
Marry-Ella - Mad? No. I'm glad you talked to me first but I have no problem if you want to be with Joshua.
Lyndi - Really?
Marry-Ella -  Yeah, go for it

She decided to wait until her birthday before doing anything.
Then she went over to him.
He throw a glace at me clearly wondering the same thing she was when we talked, am I okay with this. I nodded. 

2 comments: